In connection with its Application for Prepaid Account, the applicant agrees to the following terms and conditions:
1. The prepaid account can be used for the following: Business Filings, Business Records, Trademarks, and UCC services.
2. A minimum advance of $250 must accompany the application for a prepaid account.
3. If the applicant is a business entity, a list of individual users authorized to use the account must accompany the application. The applicant is responsible for maintaining a current list of authorized individual users with the Secretary of State. Any changes to the account must be mailed to the Secretary of State. Changes to the account via email, telephone, or fax are not acceptable.
4. The Secretary of State will assign the applicant an account number. If the applicant is a business entity with individual users, the Secretary of State will assign a code number plus a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for each individual user provided with the application. The code/PIN will identify the user. It is the applicant's responsibility to maintain the user's assigned numbers. The Secretary of State will not provide these numbers via email, telephone, or fax.
5. Requests for prepaid services can be made in writing, fax, or orally. The prepaid account may be used for online filings.
6. Monthly statements will be mailed to the applicant at the address as provided on the application. The monthly statement will show the total amount charged to the applicant's account during the preceding month. The account balance is current as of the last day of the preceding month. The applicant may access current account balances from the Secretary of State's web site.
7. The applicant is responsible for maintaining a balance sufficient to cover the submitted requests for service. Additional deposits to the applicant's account are to be accompanied by a letter of transmittal to the Secretary of State specifically stating that the remittance is for the applicant's prepaid account and citing the account number.
8. The Secretary of State reserves the right to withhold the rendering of any requested service including filings because of an insufficient account balance. The Secretary of State is not required to provide advance notice of the insufficiency.
9. The Secretary of State reserves the right to terminate the applicant's prepaid account for failure to comply with any of these terms and conditions. Notice of termination of an account will be made in writing and will state the effective date of the termination. Any unencumbered account balances will be refunded.
10. The applicant may cancel the prepaid account by written notice of cancellation to the Secretary of State setting forth the effective date of cancellation and requesting a refund of any unencumbered account balance.
11. The Secretary of State assumes no liability for the unauthorized use of the applicant's account number or an individual user's code number and PIN.
12. The prepaid account deposits will not accrue interest on behalf of the applicant.
13. Neither party to this agreement agrees to indemnify the other party or hold harmless the other party from liability hereunder. However, if the common law or a state statute provides for a right to indemnify any party to this agreement, then the right to pursue this is preserved.