Notice of Administrative Regulation Filings Learn More

2022 General Election ballot position drawing Learn More

Voluntary Dissolution

In Kentucky, business entities are required by law to formally dissolve. In order to properly close, a domestic entity must file articles of dissolution, and a foreign entity must file a certificate of withdrawal. These forms are available for download on this website.

If you are dissolving a business entity, the Secretary of State's office recommends that you contact the following state and federal agencies to ensure that you have no other legal or financial obligations:

Note: This list is intended only as a guide and is in no way a list of all required filing agencies. As always, the Office of the Secretary of State recommends all entities seek the guidance of a professional when closing a business.